Wednesday

When Does One Say Uncle?



I woke up this morning around 2 o'clock a.m. and the Cheaters was on the television. This couple had been together for 4 years... married with children. . and the guy decides to cheat. The lady walks away but then in the update, she decided to give him another chance.
 
It reminds me of Macy Gray's song. " I try to say goodbye and I choke. Try to walk away and I stumble."
 
What makes some stay and what makes some leave?
 
It made me think of past relationships. I let some go over things that would be considered as minor while I stayed in some that were questionable. What makes the heart long for another while the mind is telling you to run? These are questions that I will continue to ponder as I look over my life and look over the lives of those around me.

With each relationship, we pour so much of ourselves into it, that at some point our jug is empty and we have nothing left to give. A relationship should be about give and take. If you are pouring into another person, they need to be pouring into you in return. If you find yourself in a relationship where you are feeling empty, then it is certainly time for you to let go.

Throw your hands up, grab your bags, and walk away! Don't look back! It did not work for a reason so accept that. You can reflect but do not dwell on it. Dwelling on the past only drains you of precious moments and energy. Relationships that do not work will become life lessons so that the next time the test rolls around, you will be prepared

I have learned to say UNCLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment