Saturday

Wake Up

I overdosed from an overgrowth of mess in my life. Rolling the dice I eventually crapped out.  I lacked the capacity to breathe on my own, so I tapped out and achieved homegrown comatose status. And I was good at it. Walking coma, I called it. Hot grits to flesh couldn't wake me. Stupendously blinded.  Binded by chains that held me together. The pressure weighed heavy on my soul.  Spreading like mold. Infectious to my spirit. Causing the lyrics to the song I sang to hang in limbo. Waiting at the window hoping for butterflies and rainbows that never come. One by one I flicked bricks that built walls helping to stall the process. Stunting my growth, lying under oath... to both myself and God trodding on thin ice. The price I paid when I overstayed my welcome left me drowning. Water surrounding me. Almost brain dead. But instead His hand grabbed me. Saved me from permanently coding blue. I had nothing left to do.... but WAKE UP!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment