Saturday

What is love?


What is love? The million dollar question….
 
 

In today’s society, so many people are using the four letter word (love) quite loosely. Many are in lust with the idea without truly understanding what comes with unconditional love. Then there are those who cannot stand the thought of love because of a tragic ending to a relationship. Some have lost love that cut so deep, that they built a wall so thick around their heart; allowing no one to penetrate. But is this really a good space to be in? We were created to love. God is love. And since we were created in His image ,that also means that we should be exhibiting the same quality.

CS Lewis wrote: “There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round the hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket...safe, dark, motionless, airless... it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell.”

I read this over and over again. Locking the heart up is a lonely place to be. No matter how many lies we tell ourselves, we desire to be loved. I have had my fair share of heartbreak. There were times that I thought I would not make it through another day. My heart physically hurt and I felt as if my soul had been ripped from my existence. So why love again? Good question…

I have learned that no matter what happens in my life, I will never give up on love. I can get over a broken heart and learn to move on but I will not expose myself to the selfishness of never loving again. We have an innate desire to find love but a lot of times we confuse it for lust, infatuation, obsession, etc…  This is why we get are hearts broken. We are chasing after something that isn’t even love. So when our feelings get hurt we get mad at love. Love didn’t hurt you. The feeling of being rejected and losing someone is where the hurt originates.

So the next time you find yourself traveling down the road to love, make sure you evaluate the validity of what you are feeling. Be honest with yourself.

So what is love?

Love is two souls becoming intertwined. Love is being able to accept someone at their best and worst. Love is overcoming obstacles. Love is a sacrifice. Love is action. Love is work. Love is gentle and kind. Love is not rational.

Most of all love is you!

I am FREE and I approved this message!  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment