Thursday

The Struggle is Real


I have noticed that in the last few weeks, I have been sharing my story. In doing so, I have come to realize that I am finally healed from the pain and heartbreak of my past. I didn't understand why I had to go through some of the worst moments of my life. I didn't understand why I had to be on the receiving end of trauma and abuse. I didn't understand why I could not get to the other side of struggle and stay there.

Looking at my past, help me to understand my present as well as prepare me for my future. I am a survivor and I am still here for a reason. Even though it felt like death at the time, I know now that it was never about me. It is about all women! It is about my story helping someone else to understand what I didn't get for so many years. I am no longer ashamed of my story! I share it boldly because when I look in the mirror, I realize that I made it by the grace of God.

If I did not go through my struggle, I would not be the woman I am today. I would not have the passion, empathy, or drive to encourage those that are living in their present struggle. Honestly, I am thankful for everything that came my way. I used each brick thrown at me to build a sturdy foundation in which I can create a sanctuary of peace.

I will continue to trust the process because I know it works. I understand that there will be new struggles that will appear. I know that my struggle was and is real, however, it is what makes the story so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment