Monday

So Many Scars




11:59 pm December 31, 2015 ....

Everyone around me was getting hyped up about the coming year. People stopped working (yes... I was at work), the machines were cut off, and everyone gathered together to celebrate. I, however was stuck in the corner not understanding why I felt so emotional. My entire year flashed in front of my eyes and it was almost depressing.

12:00 am January 1, 2016

I stood there.. hiding.. trying to keep the tears from flowing because it had been a tough year. I was glad to see it go but I was also in a space that kept me from being truly happy at that moment. With all the cheering going on around me, one would think that I would be excited but I could not join in on the celebration. Why???? I was not where I wanted to be or with who I wanted to share the moment.

Fast forward.... 8:00 am January 1, 2016

I got a text that said that it was okay to feel that way and to let go of what I was feeling...PURGE!!!!

That is exactly what I did!

So... I look at 2015 as the battle that was won. I have many scars from the fight but I made it. I am grateful for another chance to change what I did not like about my past. I am moving forward and with each scar I am reminded that I am a warrior! And now I CELEBRATE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment